Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Walls plus Scars equals an Angel

O God, I pray to you, help me see within myself.
These walls you see protect me, for that is what I believe.
These walls you see, I have been building since I was very young.
Since the day he left me behind, behind these walls of mine.

O God, I pray to you, help me push down these walls.
These walls you see hurt me, for that is what I believe.
These walls you see, I have been hiding behind since I was very young.
Since the day I had to say goodbye, goodbye to the man I loved.

O God, I pray to you, help me remember who I am.
These walls you see forget me, for that is what I believe.
These walls you see, I have been peeking through since I was very young.
Since the day he was nevermore, nevermore my life has become.

O God, I pray to you, erase these scars you see.
These scars you see shield me, for that is what I believe.
These scars you see, I have been making since I was very young.
Since the day I felt I couldn't move on, moving on with life was too hard.

O God, I pray to you, help me think about a happier time.
These scars you see remind me, for that is what I believe.
These scars you see, I have been seeing since I was very young.
Since the day I discovered the pain, the pain a knife can bring.

O God, I pray to you, help me put down this knife.
These scars you see mean nothing, for that is what I believe.
These scars you see, I have been feeling since I was very young.
Since the day you went away, far away from me.

O God, I pray to you, help me see his face once more.
His face you see never left, for that is what I believe.
His face you see, I have been remembering since I was very young.
Since the day his body died, died away but his spirit remains.

O God, I pray to you, thank you for that Angel, the one I called..... Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment