Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Prayer

I go through each day hoping it will be my last,
But everyday I remember a little more about my past.

The stuff that was forced upon me, I wish upon no one.
I guess it's easy to prey upon the young.

Loving me was too big of a chore,
But them, I would gladly give my life for.

This hell they call earth is nothing more then passing time.
My reason for living is no where to find.

Each day I look deep inside my soul,
But it's hard to look past a heart so cold.

Why do I let this pain eat me away inside?
I want to share it with them, but all I do is hide.

Some days you are the last person I want to talk to,
And other days, I only want you.

The fear of pushing you away again haunts me,
But my fears, I believe, remain unseen.

Every night I say these words to you,
And every night I shed a tear or two.

So as I lay me down to sleep,
I pray to you Lord, hear my words true and deep.

If I die before I wake,
I pray my pain and suffering you will take.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment